We all have our own idea of a perfect dinner date. While one person might consider dinner and a movie as a perfect date, another might prefer to go to an amusement park or a zoo for a perfect date. While the place can always differ, there are certain things you can do to ensure that you and your date have a memorable time. Without any doubt, dinner date is one of the most popular options to consider.
Also Read: Newcomers To Choosing The Perfect Channel Manager For A Resort – Software Program
Learn How to have a Perfect Dinner Date:
1. Food: There are a few ground rules when it comes to dining. Even though you might not have any other intentions in mind, it is advised that you let your date order for themselves. You can suggest a dish, but don’t order it for them. This gives an appeal of dominance and control. When your food arrives, eat slowly, and make eye contact during conversation. Otherwise your date might think you are more interested in the food than in your date.
2. Dress: Dress for the occasion is very vital. If you are cooking for your date at home, you can take a slightly more casual approach. But, if you plan a dinner date at a fancy restaurant, do not end up in cargo shorts and flip flops. Remember the quote from Shakespeare which says “clothes maketh the man”. Your date might be someone new, or an old acquaintance, but that does not give you the luxury to dress inappropriately for a date.
3. Place: When picking a place for a date, remember to take your date’s preference into account as well. Maybe you are a big fan of Mexican food, but your date just cannot stand spicy food. Take each other’s preferences into account so that both of you enjoy the date and the food equally. If you are planning a date at a fancy restaurant, reserve your tables beforehand. There is nothing more unromantic and disappointing than waiting for hours in line with both you and your date starving and cranky.
4. Conversation: A perfect dinner date consists of good chemistry, good food, and good conversations. If you are going on a first date with someone who you do not know too well, the best thing would be to stick to non-controversial topics. However, don’t make your date sound like a boring interview, with you asking questions about work life, and what they do in their free time, etc. Test the waters by asking an appropriate amount of questions, sprinkled with some gentle humour, and you are sure to have an amazing conversation for your date.
5. Cheque: A perfect date can be ruined at the last moment with an unnecessary tiff over the cheque. While some women might prefer a more chivalrous approach where the man offers to pay for the date, other women might be downright offended by this offer. If you have not discussed this matter with your date beforehand, the best thing to do is just go with the flow and try and read the situation correctly. You can offer to pay for the cheque yourself, but if your date offers to split it, it is advisable not to start a whole argument about it, as it will lead to an eventual disaster.
It is important to maintain basic etiquette during a date, whether it is your first date or your hundredth date. Dates can often be very tricky, one wrong move and everything you have been trying to build up all evening could be destroyed. Making a good impression can go a long way, and who knows, maybe your perfect dinner date could turn into something much more special!