In case of even the most matured relationships, after the engagement, wedding and honeymoon, life gets back to the business and finally settles. In fact, as a couple they also have had times when one of them had completely forgotten the special anniversary day.
Also Read: How Much Should You Pay For A Wedding Band?
This is true. You may get busy with friends, family, kids and work or something else on your special day. But you should keep it in mind that for the health of any relationship, the anniversaries offer the perfect opportunities for relieving the beautiful memories, practising gratefulness for the partner, feeling loved and strengthening your bond in the process.
Also Read: 5 Bridal Accessories Every Woman Should Have
You should know that boredom can kill any relationship silently. That is why, new experiences reinforce the bond that you people share and rekindle your love that has been buried in the day-to-day turmoil of existence.
Here are some fabulous and romantic ideas for spending a lovey-dovey anniversary. Just take a look.
- Write a Love Letter – Though this may not come naturally for everyone, a love letter can be a great way for expressing your love for your partner. It doesn’t have to be long or poetic. The letter just needs to be personalised and authentic. You can also get various inspiration online if you get stuck somewhere. This is something that is bound to be appreciated by your partner and make your special day extra-memorable.
- Share a New Experience Together – One of the best ways to celebrate the marriage anniversary is by adding to your experiences every year. You should do something that will make you both feel excited and alive. It can be something very artistic like taking pottery lessons together or something overtly dramatic like going for bungee jumping. Immersing yourselves in a new activity can bring something very different to the relationship of yours. Facing your fears together will help to strengthen your bond.
- Make Your Personal Photoshoot – Enlist some of your favourite destinations and load up the camera and go for your own photoshoot. You should go to those places that have specific meanings for you. You can stop at the place where you first met or your regular meeting destination. You can ask a passer-by to take a couple shot of you. Another idea can be taking a photo of you together for every anniversary and maintain an anniversary album for the special memories.
- Get Inked Together – You can get tattoos to proclaim your love on your big day. You can get a tattoo with your partner’s name while she can get yours or both can get complementary designs or matching tattoos. Not only that, if the artist is an expert in portraits, you can also have tattoos of kids on your back, arm or shoulder blade. Though this can be a bit painful but there is no harm in trying it.
- Offer Thoughtful Gifts – For every anniversary there is traditional gift that can be offered. For example, as the first year is known as paper anniversary, you can have a customised gift like a love letter, a book or anything else that is linked with paper. Just make sure that it is a thoughtful gift. It does not have to be expensive. There is also modern example of anniversary gifts. For example, you can gift the modern gift appliances for the fourth anniversary instead of the electronic gadgets.
- Prove You Have Been Listening – He loves the skydiving and sports. You can fix a sky-diving opportunity for him. Again, she loves doughnuts from the personal bakery nearby. Bring her favourite delicacy to entice her. This will show that you have been listening all these years.
- Just be Together – You should take the day off, turn the cell phones off and spend some quality time together while saving money. Keep it simple and do away with the busy everyday lives. Afterall, your anniversary is all bout both of you and your relationship. So celebrate your life together.
The above are some of the ways in which you can spend your wedding anniversary together. These are suggested by the professionals of event organisation firm who have been in the industry since many years now and have organised several successful anniversaries over the years. They know exactly what works and what doesn’t to make this day special. Embrace any of the options and bring a smile to the lips of your partner today.
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
By ~ Mignon McLaughlin